Spanish cuisine is really a group of diverse regional cuisines, each with their own characteristics and recipes. However, if there's one unifying characteristic, it's cooking with olive oil. You can never have too much of it, according to Spaniards. In this class, we will learn to select the best possible olive oil, and prepare recipes from different regions of Spain in which to feature it. We are lucky in northern California to have some excellent local oils, as well as the Mediterranean-style ingredients to reproduce these recipes!
More info and sign up here.
- Patatas Bravas (Potatoes with Brava Sauce)
- Orange, Cabbage and Olive Salad
- Gambas al ajillo (Garlicky Shrimp)
- Merluza con salsa verde (White fish in salsa verde)
- Crostini with Dark Chocolate, Olive Oil, Citrus and Flaky Salt